Monday, July 27, 2009

17 Hours To Go






Less then 17 hours until surgery. Beaudrick has remained healthy and is physically able to have his surgery. I have very mixed emotions about his surgery. We cant wait to get past this part of his little journey, but will desperately miss his "wide smile". Today Scott Andrew Photography took some of the most amazing pictures of our Lil Man. I took a few pictures myself, seeing that this is the last day of Beaudricks first look.
Dr. Granger Wong (Beaudricks plastic surgeon) explained to me, that Beaudrick will still be cute, just a whole new different kind of cute. As a mom, I dread seeing the Lil' Man go through this surgery. I cant handle the sight of blood, or see my babies in pain. To see both is already breaking my heart. Beaudrick is such a happy baby, and he LOVES his hands. I have no idea how we will keep him happy in his little arm restraints. Every time I feed Beaudrick, he holds on to my thumb, while I hold his bottle. I will miss this, but know it is only temporary. Please help us pray God keeps him safe during surgery and gives him an easy recovery. I will try to post updates as I get moments of spare time (which is not often). Until then, here are a few pictures of our perfect Lil Man.

1 comment:

  1. Such a handsome little man!!! You will do great tomorrow, he will do great tomorrow! It is amazing the strength God gives us in our time of need. Helpful reminders: wear something super comfy and darker in color so it doesn't show any blood. Bring snap up clothes for him so you don't have to pull anything over his head. My kiddos bought Aiden a balloon of a smiling face after his surgery, this bright yellow balloon helped cheer him up and keep his mind off the pain. Stay on top of the meds, the nurses can forget since they are watching multiple kiddos. Always pain med and then offer food 10 -15 mins later once they have numbed the area. You will miss that wide small but have the chance to fall in love all over again with your handsome little man. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! may you feel a peace that only God can give you. I look forward to hearing a wonderful report.
    I know this is from left field, but if you need someone to talk to about the jitters of presurgery or just need advice, I am more than open to having you call if you need to (909) 794-2226 (pacific time - southern CA) or email me directly mrshowse703@aol.com

    ReplyDelete